Notes Sunday, November 26, 2006
forget to go to Podcast Alley, register and vote
as your favorite podcast each month.
- You can subscribe to CopCAST through the iTunes Music Store
or just point your RSS reader to http:/copcast.net/copcast.xml
- Link to the
CopCAST Frappr Map. Mark your location and leave your picture
or a note for the other listeners to read.
- Oh, one
more thing, don't
forget to check out Rich's blog, The Sisyphus Comments, where you
can get some great tips and cop info.
Frappr Shout Out - Hello to Sandi who listens from San Diego, CA. I
don't know whether Sandi is a male or a female but we want to thank him
or her for downloading and listening to the show. Thanks for
downloading and listening to
the show Grunta.
News of the Week
More Fallen Heroes - Rich
- Donations to help out Belleville, Illinois PD Sergeant Jon Brough, the officer who was shot in the face, can be mailed to:
Jon Brough Trust Fund
c/o Jeanne Dalman
5701 W. Main Street
- 'Web-rage' Attack - Mack
- Killer Likes to Cuddle - Rich
- Half-Baked Attempt To Kill
Supreme Court - Mack
- Should Have Stayed on Foot Patrol
- Homemade Dope Sub Captured - Mack
- Bad Guy Scores Head Shot - Rich
week we try to include training announcements from academies or
training organizations. This week we don't have any
new announcements this week.
training announcements from any criminal justice training academy or
training organization. Just send the information to email@example.com
and we will do our best to announce your training course.
are pleased to be
able to assist criminal justices agencies in their effort to identify
and hire the best qualified people. If your agency is looking for
qualified people, just send us a little information about the job and
we will announce it on the show
- We welcome job announcements from any criminal
justice agency. Just send
the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will do our best to
announce your vacancies.
Wants Ignition Interlocks - Rich
- Ontariocops.com Google Map - Mack
For PC user tip this week I want to tell you how to squeeze a little
more speed out of your high speed internet connection. If you
have ever done an on-line speed test on your high speed internet
service, you know that you probably aren't experiencing the speeds that
your ISP advertised. Unfortunately, there are many things that impact
your download and upload speeds.
However, if you are using Windows XP Professional, you can make a small
adjustment to increase your broadband speed. By default, Windows
reserves some of your connection's bandwidth but you can change that by
making a change to the Group Policy. Just follow the steps below to
this tweak your internet connection.
- Click Start>>Run.
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- The Group Policy Box will open. You will see Local Computer
- Click the plus sign to expand the Administrative Templates
- Click the plus sign to expand the Network section.
- Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler.
- In the right side of the box, double-click Limit Reservable
- Check Enabled.
- Change Bandwidth limit to 0 percent.
- Click Apply>>OK.
- Restart your computer
This week for our Mac user tip, I want to remind you about the benefit
of using the "drag and drop" feature. You know, sometimes I think we
forget that one of the greatest features of the Mac is the "drag and
drop" function. If you have an application like Word or TextEdit in
your dock, OSX makes it a breeze to cut and paste text from another
- Just highlight the text you want to cut and paste
- Click on the selected are with the right mouse button and hold it for about a 1/2 second
- Finally, drag the highlighted text to the Word or TextEdit icon in your dock.
The application will open and the desired text will be pasted into a new document. Nice and easy.
to our partner RLS
Enterprises, Inc. - Your Affordable On-Line Training Solution
for making this episode of CopCAST possible. Visit their website for
more information about providing internet-based training for your
you have a computer and a microphone? Visit our
CopCAST Odeo Voice Mail System
and leave an audio comment. We may
even use your comment on the next show! Just click on the link at
can also contact us using Skype.
Our Skype name is copcast.
your comments and
suggestions to email@example.com.
If you have figured out how to record audio files on your computer,
attach an audio comment to your e-mail so we can play it during the
the crew at
CopCAST.....Have a great week!