Notes Sunday, November 12, 2006
forget to go to Podcast Alley, register and vote
as your favorite podcast each month.
- You can subscribe to CopCAST through the iTunes Music Store
or just point your RSS reader to http:/copcast.net/copcast.xml
- Link to the
CopCAST Frappr Map. Mark your location and leave your picture
or a note for the other listeners to read.
- Oh, one
more thing, don't
forget to check out Rich's blog, The Sisyphus Comments, where you
can get some great tips and cop info.
- Five More Fallen Heroes - Rich
- Missouri Clink is Pretty in Pink- Mack
- Kentucky Cops Shoots Himself While Driving - Rich
- Police Trace Ghost Masks to Track Down Robbers - Mack
- Indiana Cop Saves Cardiac Victim - Rich
week we try to include training announcements from academies or
training organizations. This week we don't have any
new announcements this week.
training announcements from any criminal justice training academy or
training organization. Just send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will do our best to announce your training course.
- We are pleased to be
able to assist criminal justices agencies in their effort to identify
and hire the best qualified people. If your agency is looking for
qualified people, just send us a little information about the job and
we will announce it on the show.
welcome job announcements from any criminal justice agency. Just send
the information to email@example.com
and we will do our best to
announce your vacancies.
- Pot Delivered to
Your Door - Mack
- Officer To Be Released - Rich
- Skype 3.0 - Mack
- Flu Pandemic Preparation Website - Rich
- Google E-mails a Virus - Mack
The Registry is the all-important database that tells Windows how to
run. It is a good idea to back it up periodically, particularly before
making changes to it. It is also simple to do.
- Click Start>>Run. Enter "regedit" in
the box (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
- The Registry Editor opens. If My Computer is not highlighted,
click it once.
- In Windows 98, ME and 2000, click
Registry>>Export Registry File. In Windows XP, click
- Select a folder to store the backup. The default is My
- Enter a name for the file (such as Registry Backup) and click
If you discover that Spotlight isn’t displaying items that you
feel should be showing up, the index that the utility uses to perform
searches may have its permission levels set wrong or the index may be
corrupted. Fortunately, you don’t have to reinstall Tiger in
order to correct theses problems. Fixing the permissions is a breeze:
- Launch Disk Utility located in '''Applications/Utilities'''.
- Choose the volume from the list on the left side of the utility.
- Click the '''Repair Disk Permissions''' button and allow the
program to make corrections to your drive. When completed, the message
box displays the changes it made to the volume.
- Close the utility.
If repairing the permissions doesn’t work, you should then
consider rebuilding the index. The steps for rebuilding the index are
It’s best that you keep the computer plugged in and running for
the next few hours while the index is rebuilt in the background. To
check the status of the re-index, just perform a Spotlight search. If
it isn’t finished re-indexing, Spotlight will display the status
instead of the list of found items.
- Choose Apple | System Preferences.
- Select the Spotlight pane.
- Choose the Privacy tab.
- Click the Plus button and select the volume you wish to re-index. This adds the volume to the Privacy list.
- Close the System Preferences and wait about thirty minutes.
- Repeat the process of opening the Spotlight preference and delete
the volume from the Privacy list by selecting it and clicking the Minus
- Close the System Preference and allow the utility to rebuild the index.
- Thanks to our partner RLS
Enterprises, Inc. - Your Affordable On-Line Training Solution
for making this episode of CopCAST possible. Visit their website for
more information about providing internet-based training for your
you have a computer and a microphone? Visit our
CopCAST Odeo Voice Mail System
and leave an audio comment. We may
even use your comment on the next show! Just click on the link at
can also contact us using Skype.
Our Skype name is copcast.
your comments and
suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have figured out how to record audio files on your computer,
attach an audio comment to your e-mail so we can play it during the
the crew at
CopCAST.....Have a great week!