Notes Sunday, September 3, 2006
forget to go to Podcast Alley, register and vote
as your favorite podcast each month.
- You can subscribe to CopCAST through the iTunes Music Store
or just point your RSS reader to http:/copcast.net/copcast.xml
- Link to the
CopCAST Frappr Map. Mark your location and leave your picture
or a note for the other listeners to read.
- Oh, one
more thing, don't
forget to check out Rich's blog, The Sisyphus Comments, where you
can get some great tips and cop info.
Frappr Shout Out - Hello to listener Mike Ford who listens form
News of the Week
More Fallen Heros - Rich
- Two British Bike Cops Hit By Car - Mack - Call 0800 555111
- Web Cam Cop - Rich
- OPP Officers Are Heros - Mack
- Cell Phones and Court Bad Mix - Rich
week we try to include training announcement from an academy or
training organization. ach week we try to include training announcment
from an academy or training organization. This week we want to announce
that Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy, in Salem, VA will be
conducting an IPMBA Police Cyclist course during the week of October 16
- 20. I have a special deal for our CopCAST listeners. Just contact me
at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will waive the $150 tuition fee. That's
right a freebee for our listeners. You must be certified law enforcement
officer and slots in the course are limited so be quick about it.
training announcements from any criminal justice training academy or
training organization. Just send the information to email@example.com
and we will do our best to announce your training course.
- Self Destructing E-mail - Mack
- Goodbye Watches Hello Cell Phone - Rich
- Open Office To Be a True OSX Program - Mack - Also check out Neo Office
- Hackers Hit AT&T - Get Credit Card Info - Rich
- FBI Shows Off Counterterrorism Database - Mack
This week for your PC user's tip, I want to talk about how to make a
private. This option is only available for folders included in your
user profile including such folders as you My Documents. If you do not
make these folders private, they are available to everyone who uses
Remember, when you make a folder private, all of its subfolders are
private as well. Also, when you share a folder, you also share all of
its subfolders unless you make them private. In addition, You cannot
make your folders private if your drive is not formatted as NTFS.
- That being said, to make a folder private start by
clicking on the START Button and then open My Computer.
- Next, double-click the drive where
Windows is installed which is usually your C drive
- If the contents of the drive are hidden, under
System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
- Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
- Double-click your user folder.
- Right-click any folder in your user profile, and
then click Properties.
- On the Sharing tab, select the "Make this folder
private so that only I have access to it" check box.
the Mac user's tip this week, I want to tell you how to instantly tell
your folder permission level. When you click on a folder, you can
instantly tell whether you have write access to it. Just take a look in
the lower-left corner of the Finder window. If you see a pencil icon
with a line through it, you don't have access to write to the
- Thanks to our partner RLS
Enterprises, Inc. - Your Affordable On-Line Training Solution
for making this episode of CopCAST possible. Visit their website for
more information about providing internet-based training for your
you have a computer
microphone? Visit our
CopCAST Odeo Voice Mail System
and leave an audio comment. We may
even use your comment on the next show! Just click on the link at
can also contact us using Skype.
Our Skype name is copcast.
your comments and
suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have figured out how to record audio files on your computer,
attach an audio comment to your e-mail so we can play it during the
the crew at
CopCAST.....Have a great week!