Show Notes Sunday, August 21, 2005
- Thanks to Our Helpers
- We would have been dead in the water without the help of Adam Christianson
of the Maccast podcast at http://maccast.com.
The Maccast is one of my favorite podcasts that deals with all things Macintosh.
Adam patiently answered all of my questions about podcasting in general and
helped me select the equipment we needed to get things going.
- We want to thank Ranger Al Cire, of the Virginia Division of State Parks
for helping with the lead-in. Al made a special trip to the digital
command center to tape the lead in.
- Thanks to Sheriff Roger Surber, of the Salem Sheriff's Office, for
making my man Steve available to co-host the podcast. Of course Roger did
say he was only able to make Steve available since he was not critical to the
mission of the sheriff's office.
- Show Line-Up
- Weekly news of interest to cops.
- Making your podcasting experience more enjoyable.
- New Virginia legislation.
- Weekly News
- Traffic Accidents Replacing Guns as Biggest Threat to Police
- Officer Killed In Accident Is Florida City's First to Die
In Line of Duty
- Arizona Deputy Struck, Killed by Vehicle During Struggle
- Officer Dies During Training
- Cop Accused Of Impersonating Officer In Johnson County
- Three Horses Sworn In As Washington Sheriff's Deputies
- Florida Man Guilty of Stealing 1.5 Billion Data Files
- Fugitive Couple in Tennessee Officer Shooting Captured in Ohio
- Police Chase, Arrest Stabbing Suspect
- Virginia Officer Killed By Bomb in Iraq
- Tech Talk - Downloading and installing iTunes on your computer
- Download iTunes at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Select your operating system (Windows or Mac OSX) in the left column
- You may want to uncheck the the two check boxes unless you want to receive
mail from Apple
- Enter your e-mail address in the box and click the Free Download iTunes
- In the download box that pops up, select Save to Disk, select your
Desktop as the location and click "OK"
- Go to your Desktop, locate the iTunes installation file (iTunesSetup.exe
for Windows and iTunes4.9.dmg for Mac OSX), double-click the file and
follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the third screen, you should select the option to insert shortcuts but
only select the second option if want to make iTunes your default audio
player and the third option to make Quicktime your default video player.
- After Completing the Installation
- Double Click on the iTunes icon on your desktop
- Click agree on the license agreement
- Setup Assistant
- Leave both boxes checked in the file finder window if you want to use
iTunes as your main media player, otherwise uncheck them
- On the next screen, deselect the option to take me to the iTunes library
(well go there later)
- iTunes Window
- You may or may not see files in this window, depending on whether you
added files from your computer
- In the left column click Podcast"
- Podcast Screen
- On the bottom left area of the right column, click the arrow next to the
words Podcast Directory to open the podcast section of the iTunes
- In the left column, second section, there is a search box.
- Type copcast in the box and then click the magnifying glass next to the
- The CopCast podcast should be the first in the list of the result
- In the price column, click the subscribe button
- Select Subscribe and iTunes will download the newest epsiode of the
podcast and will continue to download each new episode
- There are a variety of free agregators available that will
- We also recommend Ipodder which can be downloaded at http://www.ipodder.org.
- Just follow the installation instructions once you download the installation file to your desktop.
- New Virginia Legislation
- We discussed several of the more interesting changes to the
Virginia State Code. You can download an overview of the changes by
- Many academies have a complete on-line in-service training program
that includes the significant changes to the Code of Virginia. Contact
your academy to see if you qualify to enroll in these courses.
- For information on how your academy can offer on-line training,
send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See You Next Week
- Join us next week when we will be discussing the NIMS and ICS
initiatives with our guest in the hotseat George Gotschalk of the
Department of Criminal Justice Services.