Notes Sunday, May 28, 2006
forget to go to Podcast Alley, register and vote
as your favorite podcast each month.
- You can subscribe to CopCAST through the iTunes Music Store
or just point your RSS reader to http:/copcast.net/copcast.xml
- Link to the
CopCAST Frappr Map. Mark your location and leave your picture
or a note for the other listeners to read.
News of the Week
- Tech Issues
- Cop News of the Week
- Baltimore Officer Dies In Collision With Fellow Cop
- Thieves Steal Personal Data of 26.5M Vets
- The VA has set up a call center at 1-800-FED-INFO and Web site, http://www.firstgov.gov, for veterans who believe their information has been misused.
- Norfolk Police Officer Shot and Killed by Another Officer
- Seat Belt, Bra Save Woman from Gunshot
- Deputies Find $2.5 Million Crop At Dead Man's Home
- Dumb Ass of the Week - Sex toys will always get you into trouble
- No new on the training
opportunities this week
- We welcome
announcements from any criminal
justice training academy or training organization. Just send the
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will do our best to announce your training course.
- Tech Issues
- 10-4 phones
- Powerpoint Thermometer - Click Here to Download
- PC User's Tip
- To assign a shortcut key for the one-quarter symbol, go to Insert and click on the Symbol tab. Scroll to and pick Normal Text and click the 1/4 character.
- Then hit the Shortcut Key. In the Press New Shortcut key box, select the combination that you want to use (example: ALT + Q is an easy one to remember --- just think ALT + Quarter).
- You may also want to add a few other frequently used fraction shortcuts. Try assigning ALT + H for 1/2 (ALT + Half) and ALT+3 for 3/4 (ALT + Three-quarters).
- Mac User's Tip
- First, you can take a picture of the entire screen using the keyboard combination of '''"Command-Shift-3"'''. The image file will be placed on your desktop.
- If you only want to take a picture of a portion of your screen, use the keyboard combination of '''"Command-Shift-4"''' and drag your mouse to select the screen area that you would to capture.
- To take a picture of the screen and place the picture in Clipboard, use the keyboard combination of '''"Command-Shift-4"''', then press '''Control''' while selecting the screen are that you would like to capture. Once you have captured the image, you can paste it into another application by pressing '''"Control-V"'''.
- Finally, to take a picture of the selected window, use the keyboard combination of '''"Command-Shift-4"''', then '''Spacebar'''"
to our partner RLS
Enterprises, Inc. - Your Affordable On-Line Training Solution
for making this episode of CopCAST possible. Visit their website for
more information about providing internet-based training for your
- Do you have a computer and a
microphone? Visit our
CopCAST Odeo Voice Mail System
and leave an audio comment. We may
even use your comment on the next show! Just click on the link at
can also contact us using Skype.
Our Skype name is copcast.
your comments and
suggestions to email@example.com.
If you have figured out how to record audio files on your computer,
attach an audio comment to your e-mail so we can play it during the
the crew at
CopCAST.....Have a great week!